Who we are
We trade under: G-Whizz Cycles
VAT number: 942 4806 18
Data privacy manager: Gordon Davey
6A Brunswick Street East
Email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 01273 749049
Mobile: 07973 229420
Personal data we collect and why we collect it
When you purchase a product from us, or have your bicycled serviced with us we may collect your name, address, mobile telephone number and email address. We also may record the details of what you have purchased. These details will never be sold or shared with any third party organisation, unless we are legally required to do so. The purpose of collecting this information is as follows:
- Purchase history – to make repeat and related purchases easier, for repatriating recovered stolen bikes (via the recorded frame number), for contact in the rare event of a product recall, for insurance claim purposes in case of accident or theft.
- Mobile telephone number/email – for reminding you of your service appointment and then advising when your bike is ready for collection.
- Name and address – for contacting you for the purposes of repatriating recovered stolen bikes (via the recorded frame number), for contact in the rare event of a product recall, for insurance claim purposes in case of accident or theft (proof of ownership).
- For our legally required obligations to HMRC, and other relevant authorities
This website collects personal data to power our site analytics, including:
Information about your browser, network, and device
Web pages you visited prior to coming to this website
Your IP address
This information may also include details about your use of this website, including:
We share this anonymous information with our website analytics provider, to learn about site traffic and activity.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Cookies can expire at the end of a browser session or they can be stored for longer. Your browser settings can also enable you to clear cookies on exit from specified websites.
Who we share your data with
We do not share any personal data with anyone excepting official requests from HMRC and other relevant authorities as required.
How long we retain your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
What rights you have over your data
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we protect your data
Your data will be stored securely.
Please address any concerns to Gordon Davey using the contact details above.
Our shop is monitored by CCTV inside and out in order to ensure the safety and security of customers and staff. CCTV footage storage is limited to the overwriting cycle of the recording apparatus and is not stored indefinitely.